The wildly popular province-wide technology competition is getting underway and this year you can find out for free how to be a part of it.
New Ventures BC is one of North America’s largest technology business-idea competitions.
It’s like a boot camp for business start-ups!
• learn from some of B.C’s best business experts at our business-education seminars
• network with top professionals in business, law, finance, government and academia
• improve your business and strategies during each round of competition
• receive advice and insight from mentors In Round 3
• present your condensed business plan to a panel of ‘angel’ investors, venture capitalists and industry experts in Round 4
Competition winners will share $300,000 in prize packages.
New Ventures BC competition is open to any BC resident, team or business with an innovative technology product or service that has not yet secured significant financing from external investors (i.e. investors other than friends, family and company founders).
Date: April 9th
Time: 12 Noon
Place: Innovation Resource Centre (101 1584 7 Ave Prince George)
Cost: This informational session “Assessing the Opportunity” is free!
Speaker: Bob de Wit – NVBC Executive Director A Vancouver technology entrepreneur and angel investor, Bob de Wit is a founder and director of GreenAngel Energy Corp. Bob’s 15-year career includes experience in corporate development, corporate finance and competitive market intelligence. An active member of the VANTEC angel network and the WUTIF angel fund, he also runs the SFU Venture Connection entrepreneur-in-residence program.
Contact Allan Stroet at the Prince George Innovation Resource Centre 250-564-7255 or email email@example.com to reserve a spot for the session.
Visit www.newventuresbc.com for competition details. *Competition closes April 19 2010!